As we break for winter recess, I would like to express my gratitude for the continued support and dedication we feel from the Worthington community. This year, I am especially grateful that our school has returned to “normal” after a couple of years of pandemic teaching and learning. Thank you! It’s been good for everyone to open the school for all events including regular family breakfasts and family lunches, all-school meetings, and PTO events. On behalf of all the faculty here at R.H. Conwell, we would like to wish you a joyous holiday season and all the best for the New Year!
Message from the School Committee: Remembering Steve Kulik
Family Breakfast and Lunch: We would like to invite family members to breakfast on January 25, 2023 and January 13, 2023 for family lunch! Please make sure to enter through the cafeteria door and sign in. And, please look for a sign-up sheet from Ms. Ashley in the green folders. Cost for adults to purchase breakfast or lunch.
- Breakfast is $3.00.
- Lunch is $5.00.
Reminders from Nurse’s Office:
- If I held a flu clinic for students and parents, how many of you would be interested? Please respond at this link:
- If your child is going to be absent or tardy, please cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are so many lingering coughs. I have obtained an order for cough drops from our school physician. Students (except preschoolers) may have one every 2 hours for three days maximum. I will need a note from you giving me permission to give them to your child. I have cherry Vicks Formula 44; you may send your own cough drops with the permission slip if they need another
type of cough drop. I need to keep them in the office. We do not give them to preschoolers due to the danger of choking.
- My apologies for unreturned or late calls and emails over the past few weeks. I developed Covid, then my mother departed this world at the venerable age of 97. I have not told your children of my mother’s death; it seems too sad at this time of year and not really my place. I welcome you to tell them if you wish or if it comes up. Thank you!
- If you need Covid tests over break, text me to arrange a time to pick them up
- If you have a health concern about sending your child to school, you may reach Nurse Meg by text at 413-320-8172 or email at mbreymann@hr-K12.org before 7:00 a.m. and until 7p.m.
- During school hours, Nurse Meg can be reached at 238-5856 extension 1.
January 4, 2023: Students return
January 12, 2023: School Committee Meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m.
January 13, 2023: Family Lunch
January 13, 2023: Movie Night to raise money for Nature’s Classroom Field Trip 6-8p.m.
January 16, 2023: No School
January 17, 2023: No School for Professional Development
January 18, 2023: School Committee Listening Sessions beginning at 3:30 p.m. at R.H. Conwell Elementary School.
January 19, 2023: PTO Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
January 25, 2023: Family Breakfast
January 26, 2023: Virtual Parent Meeting beginning at 7:00 p.m.
January 27, 2023: All School Meeting beginning at 9:10.
Have a wonderful winter recess!
Principal/Superintendent, Worthington School District