Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098
Everyone has settled into the back-to-school routines and expectations! We are so happy to see the students and teachers acclimate so quickly after a long summer recess!
This week the Friday News includes many updates and upcoming events! Please mark your calendars!
Curriculum Night: We welcome parents and guardians to Curriculum Night on September 14 from 5:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M. This is an opportunity for you to hear from the classroom teacher in order to learn more about the classroom expectations, routines, and learning that will happen this year in your child(s) class! This event is not intended for children to attend. Childcare will be offered for families. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee with the Principal: Throughout the year I look forward to meeting the new members of our community and connecting with returning community members. We have scheduled morning and evening times that will be in-person and virtual. These gatherings are a great opportunity to meet new people and see old friends. Our first Annual Coffee will be in-person on September 22 at 8:30 A.M. beginning in the library and then parents will be invited to visit classrooms beginning at 8:55 a.m. to observe classroom Morning Meetings.
Reminders from Nurse’s Office:
- All EMERGENCY FORMS need to be turned into the office ASAP. Please call Ms. Lisa if you need a printed form.
- If you have a health concern and feel that a call to Nurse Meg is warranted to help make a decision about sending your child to school, please text Nurse Meg at 413-320-8172 or email her at mbreymann@hr-K12.org before 7:00 a.m. and until 7p.m.
- During school hours, Nurse Meg can be reached at 413-238-5856 extension 1.
Open House: Will be on October 6, 2022 with a PTO sponsored dinner event beginning at 5:00 P.M. More information will be forthcoming.
Advisory Committee Update from Amy Breiteneicher : The Advisory Committee will have their first meeting of the new school year on Wednesday, September 14th beginning at 4:30 p.m. at R.H. Conwell. We will also have a zoom link available for those who would like to attend virtually. If you are not a member of the committee, you are welcome to join the meeting to hear the updates! Please see the zoom link below. Items on the agenda include review of a new committee booklist completed over the summer; discussion of a community/student focused survey; discussion of committee name and mission statement; and community recruitment and transparency. We’re looking forward to getting back into the work and will keep you all updated on our progress!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 879 1795 8228
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87917958228#,,,,*799270# US (Chicago)
PTO Update from PTO Max Breiteneicher: The newly-formed R.H. Conwell PTO is energized about our fundraising and community events this year! It is an honor to serve this vital school and wonderful community through our work. A few upcoming events of note (flyers will be coming home):
- On October 6 we will host a dinner beginning at 5:00 PM at the school. Menu and more details will be available next week.
- At the end of October we will be hosting a Harvest Festival at the school with games, treats, and fun for the whole community.
- November 18 will be our Thanksgiving Feast and bake sale.
Our board members are new to PTO work and we are learning our roles in real time. We are thankful for the guidance of the Conwell staff – through this and our own enthusiasm we expect a very successful year of fundraising and fostering community engagement!
Volunteers: We are looking for community members to substitute and/or volunteer at R.H. Conwell. Please see the volunteer form found here and kindly fill out and return to the office. If you have questions, please call me at 413-238-5856.
School Information: We communicate to families predominantly by email and school folders. The email addresses that we use come from the registration form. If there is a grandparent, aunt/uncle or other guardian that you would like to have this information please share their email with the office at email@example.com. We will do our best to include them. Thank you very much.
Hampshire Regional School Committee Student Representative: I am happy to announce that former Conwell elementary students, Augustus Niswonger and Jonah Graves will serve as the student representatives to the School Committee. They will update the School Committee on what’s going on at the middle/high school which will include everything from academic offerings, sports highlights, drama presentations, and other various extracurricular events that will be taking place at the school.
Hampshire Regional Middle and High School Newsletter:
I’ll be including this newsletter from Principal Holtz in my community news in an effort to share information about upcoming events happening at HRHS. Please follow the link to read more. :https://www.smore.com/89nrf
- September 12th: After School Enrichment Begins
- September 14th: Advisory Committee meeting at 4:30 at Conwell.
- September 14th: Curriculum Night beginning at 5:30 p.m. (babysitting available, please contact Shannon Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- September 15th: Virtual/In-person PTO meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- September 21st: School Pictures
- September 22nd: Monthly Parent Meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m. and beginning at 8:55 a.m. parents will be invited into classrooms to observe a morning meeting in session.
- September 23rd: All School Meeting beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Principal/Superintendent, Worthington School District