Good Morning Community,
I would like to first acknowledge my deepest appreciation to all the teachers and families who have worked so hard this fall to bring our students back for in-person learning. I am so thankful for the partnership the district, families, and local stakeholders have developed. We recognize your hard work and patience when following all the health and safety protocols during these last 11 weeks of school.
The decision to close school until November 30 is an effort to keep everyone in our community as safe as possible. With this transition from in-person to remote learning, I appreciate the challenges this short closure will have on our families and students. We are here to support you. Teachers have all shared their remote learning schedules. Please continue to communicate with your classroom teacher if you have any technical questions about Google Classroom, concerns about internet connection, academic or social/emotional concerns you may be noticing with your child. We will do everything we can to support you and your family during these next two weeks.
School will return to in-person learning on November 30. Below are some remote learning information/reminders for families. Please note that you will most likely receive more than my weekly Sunday news in an effort to keep you informed during this remote period. Thank you for your continued support.
- If your family has internet challenges, please contact Ms. Lisa by this afternoon with your concern and we will be in touch with you. Email Ms. Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents of students who were in close contact with the community member(s) will hear from Nurse Sam. All close contacts should be tested but must self-quarantine for 14 days after the last exposure to the person who tested positive, regardless of test result.
- Below are the remote learning expectations for all students:
- All students will be expected to adhere to daily attendance guidelines, log in and attend class during the designated times.
- If your child is going to be absent, you need to email Ms. Lisa or call the office no later than 9 a.m.
- Each morning, students are expected to be present and engage in virtual instruction each day within the designated schedule (see sample schedule above).
- All students will be expected to complete and submit assignments as determined by the classroom teacher.
- Student work will be graded and feedback will be offered as if they were in school.
- Teachers will provide support during remote learning via, digital mediums, phone, email and/or video.
- Code of Student Conduct and all technology expectations remain in effect.
- Video needs to be on during live sessions.
NEWS from the CAFETERIA
- If you would like breakfast or lunch during this remote phase, please email the cafeteria manager, Ashley by 9:00 pm Sunday @ email@example.com.
- All meals will be served cold with reheating instructions.
- Pick up your order at the back cafeteria door between 11-11:30 am
- Families will pick up these meals on the following days. Check your menu for scheduled meals. http://rh-conwell.hampshireregional.schoolblocks.com/lunch-menus-dfb69ead
- Monday 16th- Breakfast, Lunch, and Tuesdays breakfast
- Tuesday 17th- Lunch and Wednesday breakfast
- Wednesday 18th- Lunch and Thursday Breakfast
- Thursday 19th- Lunch and Friday Breakfast
- Friday 20th- Lunch and Monday Breakfast
- Monday 23rd- Lunch and Tuesday Breakfast
- Tuesday 24th- Lunch and Wednesday breakfast
- Wednesday 25th- Lunch ( choice of sunbutter and Jelly sandwich or Ham and cheese sandwich, vegetable, fruit)
Message from the P.E. teacher, Ms Gage: For Monday morning’s P.E. class, all students should log into their google classroom and click the SPECIALS link. The P.E. lessons will be uploaded for students.
Again, thank you for your partnership. We are all doing our best during these difficult times and your support and patience is greatly appreciated as we all navigate this closure.
Do not hesitate to reach out to Nurse Sam or me if you have any questions.
Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098