Good Morning Community:
We enjoyed another beautiful fall weekend. My niece and nephew (2 yrs and 5yrs old) came for a visit this weekend, and we hiked in our backwoods, decorated the porch with fall colored mums, and made homemade applesauce. It was a fun-filled weekend!
I am so happy with how things have been going at school! Everyone is doing an excellent job practicing the health and safety precautions and I am so proud of the faculty and students for their hard work and vigilance during this unprecedented time.
The district’s COVID task force is meeting weekly to discuss how to implement the health and safety precautions when we move teaching and learning indoors. Our task force includes the custodian, school nurse and a couple of teachers. We are discussing topics such as; traffic flow while in the building, where students will take mask breaks, and how long mask breaks should be for students. Next week we will share a summary of our discussion with the community. We would like to thank our school community for your trust and confidence. We are all working hard to make sure we can stay in-person throughout the winter months.
Below are some reminders and weekly updates for your review. Again, thank you for your continued support.
- Drop off: If you find yourself needing extra time in the morning during drop off please feel free to park in the church parking lot. For the safety of the children, please don’t pull out of the drop off line because some kids exit the driver side.
- With rain in the forecast please make sure to send your child with appropriate rain gear.
- Coffee with Principal Dobosz! Please join me outside in front of the school building for coffee and an opportunity to hear more about teaching and learning this year.
- October 9th for caregivers in grades K-2
- October 16th for caregivers in grades 3-6.
- Virtual Open House will take place on October 15th. More information coming!
- Grades K-2 from 5:30 – 6:15
- Grades 3- 6 from 6:30 – 7:15
Have a wonderful afternoon. Gretchen Morse-Dobosz