School begins Monday, August 24, 2020 – The hours are 8-3:30 and the school will be in session so please do not use the driveway or picnic tables during school hours.
This past week’s weather was just perfect! Hope you were able to enjoy the sunshine and cool evenings.
Tomorrow our building will be filled with returning and some new faculty. Lisa and I are so excited to welcome our teachers back to school. It’s going to be a reunion and reintroduction after our long hiatus. Our abrupt leave in March moved all teaching and learning to our houses and many of us haven’t seen each other since then!
As we begin to plan for the upcoming school year, the school will be communicating important reminders. Please make sure to read all of my Sunday correspondences.
Below are some updates as we begin planning for school.
- School will begin on September 8 and 9 for all special populations and students in grade K, 1, 3, and 5th graders.
- School will begin on September 10 and 11 for all special populations and students in grade K, 2, 4, and 6th graders.
- All students will attend school the week of September 14th.
- Bus Schedules will be emailed soon. A reminder that all students riding the bus need to wear a mask. If you do not plan to ride the bus this year, please send Lisa an email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School will begin at 8:30 in the outside classroom. In the past students began with recess outside, and this year they will go right to the outdoor tent. Please make sure to arrive on time for school!
- I am so happy to announce that we have hired Samantha Pease as our School Nurse. Samantha comes with a bevy of experiences in school and hospital settings. Please help me in welcoming Nurse Pease.
- School Enrollment for this year: 64 total students. 48 in-person and 16 learning remotely.
o Remote Learning Families: Tim Kosuda (a.k.a., Mr. K) will be the Remote Learning Coordinator for all remote learners. In the coming week he will reach out to families with important information about Remote Learning. The district will use Florida Virtual Learning System instead of Edgenuity. This is the other preferred platform the state recommended.
- Parent In-Takes: Classroom teachers will reach out to families about scheduling Parent In-Takes during the week of August 31 – September 4th. Please watch for communication from the classroom teacher about available times. It is very important that ALL families schedule a time to visit the school.
- The district is looking for a part-time Technology Support person and a full-time Paraprofessional. Please share with anyone you think may be interested.
- We continue to have an open-door policy, however this year visitors will not be allowed into the building. We encourage you to use email to communicate or call the school if you need to speak with Lisa or me.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or call my cell phone 413-695-7893 with any questions you may have about school this fall.
Gretchen Morse- Dobosz, Superintendent/Principal
Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098