TOWN OF WORTHINGTON
Highway Department Equipment
The Town of Worthington is soliciting letters of interest and resumes from qualified candidates for the position of Equipment Operator/General Laborer in the Town Highway Department.
Nature of work: Work includes physical labor in snow and ice control, street repair and construction, street maintenance, drainage work, building, park and grounds maintenance, equipment repair and maintenance and related public works projects. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Highway Superintendent.
Essential job functions:
- Operate a variety of light and heavy motor equipment including: dump trucks, sander, snow plows, tractor, bucket loader, road grader, backhoe and gasoline powered hand tools
- Respond to emergency situations including snow and ice control, assist in the repair of water line failures, tree removal and other emergency work
- Work is continually performed outdoors, regardless of weather conditions. May be required to be on call for 24/7 basis, 365 days per year
Education, experience, knowledge and abilities:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Possession of a valid Massachusetts CDL operator’s license and Hydraulic Hoister’s license and OSHA-10 Certification
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of public works maintenance and construction
- Thorough knowledge of tools, materials, supplies and equipment used in public works operations
Questions will be answered by the Highway Superintendent at 64 Huntington Road, Monday – Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM; the telephone number is 413-238-5830.
Send letter of interest, resume and three (3) references with relevant contact information to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or to Worthington Highway Department, P. O. Box 643, Worthington, MA. This posting will remain pertinent until the position is filled.
The Town of Worthington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.