Good Afternoon Community:
Are you enjoying this weather? As I write this note, all of my windows are open in my house! The warm breeze is certainly a tease because we all know it’s not going to stay around!
I am pleased to announce that the kitchen will now be serving Sawyer Farm carrots and potatoes! This is a small yet exciting move towards our kitchen serving local items! Preschool parents Lincoln Fisherman and Hilary Costa own and operate Sawyer Farm, and we are pleased to partner with them! If you haven’t stopped by their farm stand or their web page, it’s worth a visit. https://www.sawyerfarmshare.com/
At the beginning of the new year we welcomed five new students to Conwell. Four preschoolers and a second grader! We are currently at 93 students! I would like to give a warm welcome to those new families.
A few friendly reminders, opportunities, needs and updates:
- We received a check from Box Tops for $128.70. Thanks to all who have participated! Keep scanning those receipts!
- School Council Opportunity. I am looking for a parent to join School Council. We plan to meet this Thursday from 8:30- 9:00. Please email me if you are interested in hearing more about school council and would like to join.
- It’s sniffle and flu season! This means we need donated wipes and tissues! Please drop off donated items to the front office.
Dates to be mindful of:
- January 16, 2020 from 8:30 – 9:00: School Council Meeting. We are looking for another parent to join the SC. Please email me if you are interested.
- January 16, 2020 @ 3:30: Tea with the Principal
- January 20, 2020: No School
- January 21, 2020: District Wide PD ~ No School
- January 23, 2020@ 6:30: Budget Sub-Committee Meeting
Have a wonderful day!