Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098
This Sunday we “spring forward” and turn the clocks forward just in time for a possible snow storm early next week 🙁
On Thursday, Kevin, the lamb, spent the day in Mrs. O’s classroom. The students loved having Kevin in the classroom and even took him outside for recess.
Last Day of School: The last day of school is now June 26 with a Noon Dismissal.
Equity Advisory Committee Update: At this year’s Used Book Bazaar Open Hours (March 18), the Equity Advisory committee will be hosting a clothing swap with a focus on spring and summer clothing/gear for youth. Please drop off clean items from your Spring Cleaning from March 16 -18, and the swap will take place on Saturday 3/18 from 10 am – 4 pm
Used Book Bazaar: The R. H. Conwell PTO will host a Book Bazaar during the week of March 16 and 17th from 9-3 p.m. for students during school hours and will be OPEN to the PUBLIC on Saturday March 18, from 10 am to 4 pm with a Pulled Pork Lunch (sandwich, coleslaw, chips and drink) available for $10.00!!! This will take place in the school cafeteria and all books at the Bazaar will be sold for $2.00.
- We could use more children’s books! Please consider donating new and gently used books and audiobooks for our preschool through 6th grade students and also family and community members of all ages! Please drop off your donations M-F between the Hours of 9-3 at the School’s Main Office.
If you have any questions please email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTO Seed Fundraiser: We are excited to announce that we will be fundraising with High Mowing Organic Seeds this year to support our school. Each student has received a fundraising form that contains the varieties offered on one side, and an order form on the other side. Please make your selections on the order form, and return to the school with payments no later than March 21, 2023. If you are a community member and would like to order seeds, please stop by the school between the hours of 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
High Mowing Seeds are 100% organic and non-GMO, so while you are raising money for your school you are also supporting a healthy community, and healthy planet. If gardening isn’t your thing, consider purchasing some as gifts for the gardeners in your life. The seeds will arrive in perfect time to start indoors, or to direct seed in the spring.
Please make checks payable to: Worthington School District PTO
School Committee News: The School Committee will have an open seat beginning this May. If you are interested in running for School Committee, please see Katrin Kaminsky at the Town Hall to take out papers.
March is Spirit Month: We would like to encourage everyone to participate in spirit month. See the following dates and themes below!
March 17 – Wear something green
March 24 – Hat Day
March 31 – School Wide Pajama Day
Monthly Virtual Parent: Meeting RESCHEDULED for March 21, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
Topic: Virtual Parent Meeting
Time: Mar 22, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89028013211?pwd=cTE5eUw0VmFIYk1KdG0wV3poN3JWQT09
World’s Finest Chocolate: We are currently selling chocolate bars (still have about 1000 bars) to raise funds for the 5th and 6th graders Nature’s Classroom Trip. There are caramel, dark and milk chocolate, almond, and crisp bars for $1.00 each or $60 for a box! If you are interested in buying some chocolates to support our students please email Lisa at email@example.com or stop by the office!
Hampshire Regional School Play: R. H. Conwell’s 3-6th grade students will travel to Hampshire Regional on March 14 to watch the musical, The Drowsy Chaperone.
Hilltown Family Center Playgroup: Every Monday at R.H. Conwell beginning at 8:30 for infants and toddlers beginning at 9:45.
Reminders from Nurse’s Office:
- If your child is going to be absent or tardy, please cc firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Our COVID test expiration dates have been extended again, so contact me if you need any.
- If you have a health concern about sending your child to school, you may reach Nurse Meg by text at 413-320-8172 or email at mbreymann@hr-K12.org before 7:00 a.m. and until 7p.m.
- During school hours, Nurse Meg can be reached at 238-5856 extension 1.
- If you find unfamiliar clothing or ice packs in your home or child’s backpack, please return to the school! We especially need small pants and small and large snow pants.
- COVID alert! We’ve just learned we have one positive Covid in the school. Keep your eyes out for those symptoms.
- Well done parents, staff and students. You stopped the strep spread!
March 16 – 17, 2023: Book Bazaar from 9 – 3 for students
March 18, 2023: Book Fair opened for the community between 10 – 4 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
NEW TIME: March 21, 2023: Virtual Parent Meeting beginning at 7:00 p.m.
March 24, 2023: Noon Dismissal and ALL SCHOOL MEETING
March 31, 2023: Report Cards Go Home
April 8, 2023: PANCAKE BREAKFAST to sponsor the ⅚ students trip to Nature’s Classroom. Have a wonderful weekend!
Principal/Superintendent, Worthington School District