Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098
Winter weather: Winter is here to stay for a few months. Please make sure to send your child to school with a winter coat, hat, and mittens.
News from the Recreation Committee: The town of Worthington is getting ready for the annual tree lighting at the town pond! Please join us this Sunday December 4th @ 4:30.
There will be musical entertainment, food donations from Liston’s and The Goldenrod Country Inn, coffee, hot chocolate and tons of amazing homemade cookies! Santa will be making an appearance, and we will have treats for the kids. The weather is looking lovely, so come down and join the community at this great little event ! Bring a lawn chair or a blanket because seating is limited. Hope to see you on Sunday!!
Message from Ms. Alexis: While my time at Conwell has been short, the impact of the school community has been so great! Over the last couple of months, I have had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know your children both in and out of the classroom. Whether it be playing soccer at recess, or helping them with their reading, your children have been so kind and welcoming to me.
Moving forward, I’ll begin working even further with them through 1:1 meetings and lunch groups, all with your written consent. Our 1:1 meetings will be tailored to the individual student’s needs, while lunch groups will be in a small group of age-related peers. In these groups we’ll work on reducing anxiety, strengthening social skills, and learning skills to help maintain focus both in and out of the classroom. We’ll also play games, socialize, and further strengthen the tight bonds between students. If you’d like your child to sign up for lunch groups, or would like more information, please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you all again for welcoming me into your community, I look forward to growing with all of you!
PTO: Thanks to all in the community who donated to the Huntington food pantry! We were able to deliver 8 bags of groceries to people in need.
Donations for the Holiday Bazaar are open – the kids can shop for gifts in the PTO sponsored bazaar on December 15, and we are seeking donations of items in good condition that could be given as gifts. All sales raise funds for the school! Donations can be dropped in the Bazaar Bin in the main office. Thank you!
- Volunteers for Bazaar: The PTO is in great need of volunteers in order for the holiday bazaar to happen on December 15. Please contact Max Breiteneicher @ email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
Pavilion Committee: The district is looking for a person interested in chairing the pavilion committee. This person would support the current committee members with identifying the stakeholders for the building project, regularly update the community about the project, and support the fundraising efforts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Family Breakfast and Lunch: We would like to invite family members to breakfast on December 21, 2022 and lunch on December 16, 2022. Please make sure to enter through the cafeteria door and sign in. And, please look for a sign-up sheet from Ms. Ashley in the green folders. Cost for adults to purchase breakfast or lunch.
- Breakfast is $3.00.
- Lunch is $5.00.
Reminders from Nurse’s Office:
- Next week, I will begin screening the students for hearing, vision, spinal curvature and BMI. Opt out letters were sent home 11/28. Please return them if you wish to opt your child(ren) out.
- If your child is going to be absent or tardy, please cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We know of no new cases of Covid for the past three weeks. Don’t hesitate to request rapid Covid tests. We have plenty.
- A fever virus is still occurring but with less frequency and there are a few lingering coughs. School absences have been low this week.
- If you have a health concern about sending your child to school, you may reach Nurse Meg by text at 413-320-8172 or email her at mbreymann@hr-K12.org before 7:00 a.m. and until 7p.m.
- During school hours, Nurse Meg can be reached at 413-238-5856 extension 1.
December 8, 2022: Equity Advisory Committee Meeting at 10 a.m. at R.H, Conwell and via zoom. A link will be sent out the week of the meeting.
December 8, 2022: School Committee
December 9, 2022: Noon Dismissal
December 15, 2022: PTO meeting
December 15, 2022: Holiday Bazaar
December 16, 2022: Report Cards Go Home
December 16, 2022: All School Meeting beginning at 9:00 a.m.
December 16, 2022: Parent Lunch
December 21, 2022: Parent Breakfast December 23 – January 3: Winter Recess January 4, 2023: Students return
Have a wonderful weekend!
Principal/Superintendent, Worthington School District