Worthington School District
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098
June 3, 2022
Today we celebrated our graduating seniors! It was wonderful to see Lily Dufresne, Sharlyse Henshaw, Molly Shippee, Abigail Camerlin, and Abby Casterline! These graduates walked through the halls as our current students cheered them on, shared posters they decorated, and our preschoolers handed out balloons! The graduates reminisced about their time as Conwell elementary students, and they couldn’t resist playing on the playground- one last time! Congratulations to our 2022 Conwell Graduates!
School Committee: The school committee will be meeting in person on June 9, 2022. We are meeting in person. Those who want to view the meeting remotely can do so through the following Zoom link, but will only be able to participate in the meeting during Audience Comment periods. To speak on Agenda items, please attend in person.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 3818 2694
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/keFnSmC9Ou
PTO: We are looking for parents who are interested in leading our PTO for next year. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Wellness Committee Update: We officially concluded our water challenge this week. All students did an amazing job reaching our school goal, classroom goal, and their own personal goals this month. In total for the month of May, the students drank 7,029 cups of water!!! The classroom with the highest total was our fifth and sixth grade classroom with 2,271 cups!! We are so impressed with everyone’s dedication to this wellness challenge and we are so excited to be providing a Water Fun Field Day on Tuesday, June 14!!
Nurse Sam Update:
Please check out my new website for the most up-to-date information and updates from the nurse’s office. https://sites.google.com/hr-k12.org/rhc-nurses-office/
- At Home Covid Test Reporting Form: At-Home Covid Test Reporting Form
|Covid-19 Data Dashboard|
|Positive Cases at R.H. Conwell||1||1||–|
|Positive Cases in Worthington (last 7 days)||5||4||↑|
|Positive Cases in Hampshire County (last 7 days)||1,143||1,576||↓|
|Positive Cases in Massachusetts (last 7 days)||40,960||50,455||↓|
|Weekly Routine Covid Safety Checks|
|Date Safety Checks Completed||5/31/2022||5/24/2022|
|Number of Individuals Participating||44||41|
|Number of Pools Tested||8||8|
|Number of Positive Pools||1||1|
|Number of Negative Pools||7||7|
|TOTAL NUMBER OF WEEKLY CHECKS COMPLETED: 19TOTAL NUMBER OF NEGATIVE POOLS TO DATE: 149 TOTAL NUMBER OF POSITIVE POOLS TO DATE: 4|
Community Events: AMC WMA Chapter Family Outings Schedule Summer 2022
In Collaboration with Hilltown Family Center
and Hilltown Libraries
Register at https://www.outdoors.org/
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Friday, June 24th,10:00 AM -12:00 PM at Noble View, Russell, MA Guided Story Walk for preschool- Kindergarten and Fill the Pack Scavenger Hunt Hike for 2nd to Middle School age children. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Friday, July 15,10:00 AM -12:00 PM at Noble View, Russell, MA
Guided Story Walk for preschool- Kindergarten and Camping skills and games for 2nd to Middle School age children. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Date and time TBD: Family Herbalist Workshop at Noble View. Learn the edibles in your own backyard. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Friday, August 12-13, 4:00 PM -10:00 AM Family Camping Overnight and Stargazing during the peak of Perseids Meteor Shower at Noble View. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Date and time TBD: Family Yoga at Noble View. As a family, breathe in the fresh mountain air. Breathe out tension. Stretch and move to enhance your physical well being. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· Sunday, September 25, All Day AMC WMA Chapter Fall Fest, Family Friendly performances, activities and demonstrations.
June 7: Field Day (Rain Date June 14)
June 9: School Committee beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the R.H. Conwell Cafeteria
June 9: Book swap in the library for students
June 10: 6th Grade Graduation at 1:30 p.m.
June 10: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR PRESCHOOL
June 14: Water Fun Day for K-6
June 17: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – Noon dismissal
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.