We have the following Vacancies on Worthington Town Boards:
Purpose and Responsibilities
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a quasi-judicial board that has the power to hear and decide on petitions for:
- Appeals from the decisions of the Zoning Enforcement Officer
- Special Permits as allowed under the Protective Bylaw
- Variances from the requirements of the Protective Bylaw
- Comprehensive Permits under Chapter 40B of Massachusetts General Laws.
The Board of Appeals is made up of 5 members and 2 alternates who are appointed by the Select Board for a term of 5 years. We are looking for:
- 1 Member that would fill out a recently vacated term expiring in 2023.
- 1 Alternate Member for a full 5 Year Term ending in 2027 (an alternate member serves when a regular member is unavailable)
We have 1 Vacancy for a 3 Year Term
If you’re interested in any of these positions, please contact the Executive Assistant to the Selectboard, Margaret O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-238-5577 ext. 100.