Work on Olld North Road is, not surprisingly, causing a lot of disruption and we’ve had a number of inquiries and complaints about the dust.
Here’s the timeline from DOT on the project:
- Week of 6/14: Reclaiming (grinding the road 12” deep)
- Week of 6/21: Grading
- Week of 6/28: Asphalt injection (inject asphalt into the top 4” of the road surface)
- Week of 7/12: Paving
- The reclaiming the week of the 14th should help with dust because it will mix crushed up blacktop with the gravel.
- The asphalt injection the week of the 28th will greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the dust.
- Reclaiming was scheduled to begin Monday 6/7/2021, but the subcontractor had to delay a week due to the previous weekend’s rain. This pushed everything back a week.
- The contractor will water down the road at least twice a day during the week in the meantime.