What a beautiful weekend! Yesterday, I took a scenic drive through Vermont and the foliage is beginning to change the further north you drive. This is one of my favorite times of the year! And, it looks like another perfect weather week for outdoor learning. However, please remember that the mornings are chilly so please send your child(ren) with layers.
I continue to be impressed with our learning community! Students are actively engaged, happy and enthusiastic about being back in school. In addition to the academic and social benefits of being in person, we are also getting our “steps” in during the day. Students and faculty cover a lot of ground throughout the day. This may be one reason your child(ren) is tired when they get home from school. In a typical school day students can be found walking a couple of times back and forth from the tents to the school building to use the bathroom, hiking into the woods for a mile long fractional walk, running across the field to the blacktop for a math lesson, or walking over to the side door of the cafeteria to get their lunch from Ms. Ashley. We are all building up our stamina by being outdoors!
At the end of every CBS Sunday Morning show they end with a nature segment, and this morning they highlighted North Truro, Massachusetts. The seals on Cape Cod are enjoying the last days of summer. Take a look at this peaceful video.
A few reminders for the week of September 20th.
- September 22, 2020 from 7 p.m.- 8 p.m.: There will be Google Classroom and Zoom training for families and caregivers of R.H. Conwell students on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, from 7-8 PM. R.H. Conwell will send out the Zoom link you will need to access the training in the school’s Parent Newsletter.
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 6:30. Please join our virtual School Committee Meeting. The link can be found on the school website.
- PD DAY: ½ Day on Friday, September 25, 2020. Dismissal is at noon. Lunch will not be served.
- For the last 13 years, nine local potters have opened their studios and kilns to the public for the popular Hilltown 6 Pottery Tour & Sale. This year, due to the pandemic, Hilltown 6 members and 20 guest artists will offer their wares for purchase online, with several studios offering scheduled onsite or virtual visits during the weekend, by appointment only. Check our website www.hilltown6.com for details.
- We would like to thank everyone for your support in following the drop-off and pick-up procedures. They are running pretty smoothly. Just a friendly reminder that during this time you CAN block the stairs while waiting in the car line.
- A quick update for families regarding masks in school: We are beginning to notice an increase in masks becoming soiled throughout the school day. Once masks are wet or soiled, they are considered much less effective in the containment of respiratory droplets. If possible, we are asking families to please provide your child with 3 masks daily. One for the morning, one for the afternoon if they need to change theirs, and an additional spare to keep in their bags just in case. If you are unable to provide additional masks for financial reasons, please reach out to the school.
- In addition to providing additional masks, please be sure to be laundering your child’s masks regularly. It is recommended that they either wear a new mask each day, or their current mask is washed after each use. Please remember, a used, dirty mask is not as effective as a clean mask. Thank you all for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy!
Have a wonderful day!