The late Art and Peg Rolland established a scholarship fund to benefit citizens of Worthington seeking to further their educational goals. The annual interest earned on the Fund is distributed each year to qualified students by a committee consisting of the Town Clerk, a member of the Board of Selectmen and a School Committee member.
The requirements for consideration are:
- The applicant must have been a resident of Worthington for at least two years prior to the date of application.
- The applicant must be a high school or secondary school graduate, pursuing a course of study at an approved school or college.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applications must be POSTMARKED no later than June 30, 2019.
- All application essays must be TYPED in order to receive consideration.
Each scholarship awarded will be for at least $500, but the actual amount and the number of scholarships awarded will depend on the number of applications received and the Fund interest available. Funds will be distributed by September 1st, payable to the appropriate institution.
To apply, please complete the attached form and mail to:
Rolland Scholarship Committee
c/o Town Hall
P.O. Box 247
Worthington, MA 01098-0247
REMEMBER: Applications must be postmarked by June 30, 2019.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call a Scholarship Committee member.
ROLLAND SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE FOR 2019
Stephen Smith, Board of Selectmen
Katrin Kaminsky, Town Clerk
Susan Warner, Worthington School Committee
THE ART AND PEG ROLLAND SCHOLARSHIP FUND
2019-20 ACADEMIC YEAR APPLICATION
1) Name: _____________________________________________________________
2) Address: ___________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: __________________________________________________
3) High School & Year of Graduation: ________________________________
4) School/College you will be attending in 2019-20: __________________
5) Year of Study (e.g., Sophomore, etc.): ______________________________
6) (Planned) Major/Field of Study: ___________________________________
7) I have lived in Worthington for: ___________________________________
8) Names and Address( es) of Your Parents or Guardians:
9) Approximate cost of your schooling for 2019-20 (including tuition, room and board, books, fees, etc.): _________________________________________
10) Please itemize sources of financial support & approximate dollar amount for meeting your educational expenses ( e.g., family – $15,000, financial aid – $16,000, other scholarships – $4,500, work study $2,000, summer jobs – $1,000, etc.): __________________________________________
11) On a separate sheet of paper, please type a brief (200-300 words) statement describing your educational goals.
In submitting this application, I certify that I have been a resident of Worthington for at least two (2) years, and that I am a high school graduate ( or a graduating 2019 senior) pursuing further education. I believe that I have a financial need for this scholarship in order to continue my education.
Signature: ____________________________________ Date: ______________________
Social Security Number AND School Bursar’s Office Address – Required
Applications are also available at Town Hall on hallway shelf and at Post Office.