Notice is Hereby Given that on October 29, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at the Worthington Town Hall, 160 Huntington Road, Worthington, MA 01098, the Town’s Tax Title Custodian acting on behalf of the Town of Worthington and in accordance with the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 60, Sections 77B and 79, SHALL OFFER FOR SALE AT PUBLIC AUCTION the hereinafter described property acquired by the Town through tax title proceedings pursuant to Chapter 60. Bidder registration will commence at 10:30 a.m.
A certain parcel of land located with a building thereon, if any, at 14 Fisk Road in Worthington, Massachusetts, containing 7.90 acres of land more or less, shown as Assessor’s Map 411, Lot 4, and being the premises described in the Hampshire Registry of Deeds, Book 12000, Page 12. A $5,000.00 deposit will be required to pre-qualify for auction participation. THE MINIMUM BID FOR THIS PARCEL SHALL BE $97,860.00.
A certain parcel of land located at Brown Hill Road in Worthington, Massachusetts, containing 2.50 acres of land more or less, shown as Assessor’s Map 403, Lot 74.1, and being the premises described in the Hampshire Registry of Deeds, Book 11524, Page 291. A $1,000.00 deposit will be required to pre-qualify for auction participation. THE MINIMUM BID FOR THIS PARCEL SHALL BE $21,300.00.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A deposit will be required to pre-qualify for auction participation for each parcel as specified above. Deposits shall be in the form of money order or certified or bank check payable to the Town of Worthington and the bidder.
- Each parcel is sold to the highest bidder “AS IS” with no guarantees as to the condition of the property or any improvements thereon, zoning, the ability to construct improvements on the parcel, the environmental conditions thereon and/or the insurability or marketability of title other than that the Town acquired the property through tax title proceedings pursuant to Chapter 60.
- The following persons shall not be qualified to be the successful bidder: (1) the prior owner of the property or his/her agent, representative, assign or straw; (2) any person currently delinquent in paying his/her own personal taxes or other charges to the Town of Worthington; (3) any person who was the subject of a tax title foreclosure by the Town; and (4) any person who has ever been convicted of a crime involving the willful and malicious setting of a fire or of a crime involving the aiding, counseling or procuring of a willful and malicious setting of a fire, or of a crime involving the fraudulent filing of a claim for fire insurance.
- The successful bidder shall sign a Memorandum of Sale and shall have 30 days to pay the balance due. Failure to close within 30 days will result in the loss of the deposit and the property may be offered to the next highest bidder. Any and all bids may be rejected if it is deemed by the Tax Title Custodian to be in the best interest of the Town. The successful bidder will be required to pay the following:
A. A payment in lieu of taxes, also known as pro forma taxes, which are the taxes on the property as of the closing date through the end of Fiscal Year 2019, that is through June 30, 2019, pursuant to the requirements of G.L. c. 44, § 63A; the first tax bill issued thereafter will be for the tax period starting July 1, 2019;
B. A deed recording fee of $175.00;
C. Legal fees of $400.00 per parcel for legal services provided to the Town by K.P. Law, P.C. in conjunction with the auction; and
- The successful bidder will be required to execute a Disclosure Statement as required by G.L. c. 7C, § 38 and a Certificate of Compliance pursuant to G.L. c. 60, § 77B.
- Any and all bids at such sale or any adjournment thereof may be rejected if in the Tax Title Custodian’s opinion no bid is made which approximates the fair value of the property.
- Any materials or documents concerning this auction prepared or furnished by the Town or its employees or agents are solely for informational purposes. No warranty or representation is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations and draw their own conclusions.